Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Puppies and Trikes

Saturday morning we got up and drove down to Naha. We didn't really have any place in particular in mind.  Well, Tom did, but more on that in a minute.

We were window shopping and this nice man showed Tom how to play the sanshin.
They were playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.


And then he played (and sang!) an Okinawan folk song.
If we had had enough cash on us, we probably would have bought one.

I was checking out the wares at this stand when Tom said, "Look at those snakes." I looked up and was face to face with these guys.
I let out a yelp and the lady laughed at me. She told us they are sea snakes and that you cut them up and put them in soup. No, thank you.

I really wanted to buy this cat cup for Mom.


If it had been Ryukyu glass, I would have bout it, but there was a sticker on it that said "Made in Vietnam" so I passed.

Remember I said we had no destination in mind? Turns out that wasn't quite true. This was on Tom's agenda.
It's brand new and when I realized that's where he wanted to go, I asked him if he realized it wouldn't be like it is back home. It definitely wasn't. The people were wonderful (as usual), but we won't be back.

There was some function going on at the park near our house Saturday evening. It was getting dark so I got about five pictures.

There were several vendors set up. These blow-up animals were prizes for a game. Brendan sat on the ground with this dog for quite some time, occasionally looking up at me with pleading eyes.
So we bought it. Was there any doubt?

He loved it up.

In fact, he loved it to death. Within 24 hours.

This morning when he was supposed to be grocery shopping, Tom bought Brendan a tricycle, so after nap time we had to try it out.



Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers